Our lawyers have authored several articles* to provide a novice with an understanding of some basic estate planning concepts. We invite you to read the articles that apply to your situation and then contact us with any questions you might have.
For ALL Estate Owners
For MARRIED Estate Owners
- Gift and Estate Tax System Overview for Married Taxpayers
- Optimum Marital Deduction Planning
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts for Married Taxpayers
- Discounts and Leverage Transactions for Married Taxpayers
- Multi-Generation Planning for Married Taxpayers
For UNMARRIED Estate Owners
- Gift and Estate Tax System Overview for Unmarried Taxpayers
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts for Unmarried Taxpayers
- Discounts and Leverage Transactions for Unmarried Taxpayers
- Multi-Generation Planning for Unmarried Taxpayers
Legal Opinion Disclaimer
IRS Circular 230 Notice:
- The information provided herein is intended for general understanding only, is not a legal opinion on which anyone is authorized to rely for any purpose, and should not be applied to any individual’s unique circumstances except through representation of competent legal counsel. Nothing herein is intended to establish an attorney-client relationship between Lefkoff, Duncan, Grimes, McSwain & Hass, P.C. and the reader or any other person.
- To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS, we inform you that any U.S. tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.
* All of the articles are provided as Adobe Acrobat documents, which require the Acrobat Reader, a freely available download from the Adobe website, here